Prop 64 Marijuana Legalization
County Ballot Breakdown
How did your county vote?
Monterey County Specifically
Monterey County just released information on its Cannabis Permitting in the Planning Department of their website.
Visit the website here
Please remember, a permit is required for ALL medical cannabis activities in Monterey County.
- Cannabis Permit Fees
- Medical Marijuana Interim Ordinance (Urgency Measure) – (REF150047, County-Wide) (Posted 7/2/15)
- Medical Marijuana Regulations – (REF150048, County-Wide) (Adopted; Updated 8/23/16)
- Development Review Committee Request Form
- Commercial Cannabis Business Permit Application
- For information regarding State Licensing, please visit the frequently asked questions on the State of California website: http://www.bmcr.ca.gov/about_us/faq.shtml
- November 8, 2016 (BOE)
- California voters approved Proposition 64, Control, Regulate and Tax Adult Use of Marijuana Act
- November 9, 2016 (BOE)
- certain sales of medical marijuana are exempt from sales and use tax. (see the website’s Dispensaries tab here, under the heading, Proposition 64 Exempts Certain Medical Marijuana Sales)
- January 1, 2018 (BOE)
- a 15% excise tax is imposed upon purchasers of all marijuana and marijuana products. Additionally, a tax on cultivators of marijuana is imposed as follows:
- $9.25 per dry-weight ounce of marijuana flowers
- $2.75 per dry-weight ounce of marijuana leaves
- January 1, 2018 (CDFA)
- Anticipated license-issuing date