Look at the specifics of your Location
Want to learn more about the specifics in specific incorporated cities and unincorporated county areas? Click on your city or unincorporated county below.
2016 Election Updates
- Monterey County – Measure Y – $25 per sq ft of cultivation
- Salinas – Measure L – Tax on commercial cannabis business
- Gonzales – Measure W – Create and add Commercial Cannabis Tax
- Greenfield- Measure O – Cannabis Business Tax on cultivation, dispensaries, deliveries, distribution, manufacturing, nurseries, testing, and transportation of medical and nonmedical marijuana
- King City – Measure J – Cultivation tax of $25 per sq ft and $10 sq ft after 5,000 sq ft
Monterey County Cannabis Permit Applications will be accepted now. Adult use/recreational cannabis businesses are not permitted anywhere in the County until state licenses become available for such operations (anticipated to occur in January 2018). The County anticipates adopting regulations for adult use/recreational cannabis businesses in the near future. For more information, visit their website.
February 27, 2017 – Memorandum from RMA Director stating: “Regulation and permitting of cannabis activities is a new endeavor for everyone in the County. We continue to try to improve our permitting process, so new interpretations and updates may be necessary. We are committed to keeping everyone informed as we move forward. Medical cannabis regulation amendments for outdoor cultivation are being discussed and regulations for recreational (adult-use) cannabis activities are on the horizon. Meanwhile, outdoor cultivation over 100 square feet is not permitted and recreational uses are not allowed.”